The training structure is determined by:
- the requirements of RLSS UK Awards for which lifesaving section members are being prepared;
- the requirements of the various types of lifesaving competitions which section members enter, which are at variable times year by year;
- the existing levels of relevant expertise of section members in any particular year
On joining the lifesaving section of the club, you will be advised by the teachers/coaches to which sessions you should attend.
Water Work (excluding Line Throwing)
Beginners up to 18 Years of Age –RLSS UK Lifesaving 3 Award
Monday 6.00 pm – 6.30 pm
Those People Progressing Beyond Lifesaving 3 Standard and Mature Beginners, Including Master Lifesavers
Monday 8.45 pm – 9.15 pm
Friday 9.15 pm – 10.00 pm
Juniors (up to 14 years of age)
Friday 5.30 pm – 6.00 pm
Occasionally seniors may be included in Junior line throwing sessions.
Seniors (including Masters)
Times are variable, depending on the competition for which lifesaving training is being undertaken.
Life Support (Resuscitation and First Aid)
All life support training time is variable, depending on:
- the need to update qualifications;
- the requirements of competitions for which training is being undertaken;
- the swimming groups in which lifesaving section members train.